Monday, August 29, 2011

WebLog 1

Personal information1. Name, hometown, primary email.
- Emily, Pittsburgh, eeicher15@jcu.edu

2. What name do you prefer to be called, nick name, etc.?
-Emily is fine.

3. Please insert a picture of yourself in the profile of your new blog.

4. What are you into; what makes you special? Share a few “unique” aspects about yourself that would help our classroom community get to know you a bit.
-I don't play any sports mostly because I worked all through out high school, kind of a workaholic. So it is nice that I will have a little break at school. I plan on getting into the intramural volleyball though because I enjoy playing and I'm decent at it. I think I am really friendly and I will talk to anyone, I love making friends. I enjoy the basic girl things like tanning and shopping. And I really love naps.

Learning Style and more:
5. Being as specific as you can, what must be in place for you to feel comfortable taking intellectual and creative risks in a classroom?
-It really doesn't matter, I try to be as out going as I can so as long as everyone is nice and friendly I shouldn't have a problem.

Technology Section
6. What do you believe was the most important technological invention in history? Why?

- the cell phone, because you can use it so many ways now and it makes it so much easier to communicate with anyone and everyone

7. Please list a number of technologies you currently believe to be essential to your life.
- computer and cell phone, for sure.  


8. Briefly describe your experience working with 1. computers, 2. digital media, and 3. social media and then rate your technical proficiency on a scale of 10 (I invented Facebook) to 1 (what are you talking about).
- I am really comfortable with computers, my parents always ask me how to use them, 10. I am also really good with digital and social media, so 7 and 10.

About Dr. Shutkin:
9. Write down two or three questions you would like to ask me about myself or the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment